- Boys are required to have a Helmet, Shoulder Pads, Arm Pads, Gloves, Mouthguard, a Athletic Cup, and a Stick. Cleats are recommended. If you do not own equipment CYA will rent equipment for the season, except for the Mouthguard, Cup, and Stick.
- Girls are required to have Goggles, Mouthguard, and a Stick (Please note that a girls’ stick is significantly different than a boys stick with a much more shallow pocket). Cleats are also recommended.
The uniform is provided by CYA and included in the registration costs.
- A-level teams will typically have practice 3 days a week, and a game on the weekend. Boys play games on Saturdays, Girls play on Sundays (Most Sunday games typically will be after noon).
- B and C-level teams will typically have 2 practices each week, and a game on the weekend.
- Locations. CYA practices at various locations in the area including Chantilly High School, Arrowhead Park, Poplar Tree Park, Poplar Tree Elementary School, Greenbriar Park, Navy Elementary, and Rachel Carson Middle School. Practice days, locations, and times will be dependent upon field availability from the county and the coaches’ schedule.
- NVYLL will play 8 games beginning in the middle to the end of March. We will conclude the season for the older age groups with an NVYLL tournament before Memorial Day.
- Lacrosse is traditionally a spring sport, and although there are clinics and other opportunities to participate in lacrosse throughout the year, the NVYLL rec league only participates in the spring. Many opportunities to participate in lacrosse throughout the rest of the year will require at least one season of rec lacrosse to be eligible.
- Registration for the spring season begins on or around December 1st, with our assessments at the end of January/early February. Practices begin late February/early March depending upon the weather. You can register at www.chantillyyouth.org.
- Please note that NVYLL requires each regional club program to only accept kids from the public school pyramids. CYA Lacrosse can accept players that will attend Chantilly HS, Fairfax HS, Oakton HS, and Westfield HS. If a player previously participated with another club we would need to have a waiver accepted by the prior club for the player to move to CYA.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by reaching out to our CYA Lacrosse Coordinators.